My life {in brackets}

Wherein you will find the rambling confessions of a craft slut.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Being nibbled to death by ducks

Yesterday was one of those day. Nothing big, exciting or interesting happens, but lots of little time consuming annoying things pop up.

I spent part of the day on a new project (can't say what, it's a seeeeecret). I had a something specific in mind for this, but it took waaaaay to much time to get the idea from my head into the real world. Apparently my imagination far surpasses my technical abilities. Not much in the way of knitting news, got a couple more inches done on my Goldielocks Shawl (Mahogany) done, but nothing else. Reasons for this are part of the nibbling ducks. Offspring # 2 had an early AM appointment with the optometrist and I managed to forget to bring any knitting or hand-stitching or even a book to read. So, I had to make do with the waiting room reading materials, yeesh. I've learned that lesson now (I think), prepare for such an outing the night before because you never know what will mess up your plans. And it seems , in my case anyway, oversleeping combined with a Chinook induced headache = good thing head is permanently attached!

Speaking of knitting that I didn't do yesterday, there was no swatching of my main Olympic entry. I can't find the correct needles. I was sure I had them, but I can't find 'em. I see a couple of possible explanations here,
  1. I never had the needles and only *though* I did (old age ya know)
  2. I do have them and they are in another (forgotten) project somewhere. This is quite likely as craft slut status = more projects than my notoriously poor memory can keep track of
  3. I did have them at one point, but I gave them away when I stopped knitting

Yeah, I know, y'all just said, "Hey, back up the truck - stopped knitting?!?" Yep, did for about 10 years and during that time gave my Mom a lot of my stuff. Why? Well, it seemed like the thing to do at the time. But then I was still with the ex and that might explain it. I did a lot of, umm, odd things during those years.

So, yeah, the Olympics haven't even started and I'm running into technical difficulties all ready. I don't think this bodes well for my chances.

Liza {who sees a quick trip to Michaels in her (near, very near) future}

2 Comments:

  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger krisknits2 said…

    Nibbled by ducks... I feel that way at work every day. Good luck with the KO. I am also fearing for my chances.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger ink said…

    ::chuckle:: I swear, I just go out and buy a new set of needles for every project since I can't ever find the size I need for the life of me. I think I must have at least 1/2 dozen 4.5 mm needles by now.

    (Those booties are just adorable, BTW.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home