My life {in brackets}

Wherein you will find the rambling confessions of a craft slut.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Oh, boy here we go.

Well, I'm finally jumping on the band wagon with this whole blog thing. However, me thinks the wagon has sped off and I may just end up face down in the dirt. Ah, well.

So, welcome to the little spot where I hope to keep track of all of my assorted projects. And I have a lot of those, projects I mean, most of which are "in progress" as they say. I guess that's what happens when you're a craft slut who should never be allowed into any store that sells art or craft supplies without a responsible adult along. You'll no doubt hear about many of these projects (and the unsupervised shopping trips that spawned them) and I hope you'll even be able to see some of them. That is, if I ever figure out how to get my pictures out of my camera and on line. That may be asking too much though.

Enough yammering, projects, right. First one to the starting gate is, appropriately, my entry for the Knitting Olympics. If you aren't aware of these (but I'm sure you are) go there and check it out. And while you're at it, read Stephanie, you'll be glad you did. For this event I'm challenging myself by choosing a project and not just knitting it, but actually finishing it. As in sewing up seams, weaving in ends and attaching buttons, you know, those things that make something a usable item instead of my usual pile of bits tucked in a bag, stuffed into a box and shoved into a closet or drawer

I've got the pattern and the yarn (colour #766 w/a nice red as the solid) for a baby sweater. And if I finish that before the flame goes out (unlikely) I'll do a pair of these in this yarn (Rose 210-140 though, not brown). No these two things don't "go together" and yes they'll be for the same baby, but I don't care.

I'll save the rest of my rather daunting to-do list for another day. In the mean time, I'll be swatching, er, training for those Olympics. Go team Canada!


Liza {who's sure her technodolt status is very evident}

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home